Chronic Ankle Instability (CAI)
No clear winner yet – the multifactorial nature of CAI makes things difficult.
• Eechaute, et al (2007) - These are valid for use in CAI:
– Functional Ankle Ability Index (FAAM)
– Foot & Ankle Disability Index (FADI) used alot in the research
– Foot & Ankle Outcome Scale (FAOS) has less content validity for CAI
• Donahue, et al (2011)
– No single measure was able to predict if individuals met the minimally accepted criteria for FAI.
– However, a significantly accurate prediction of ankle stability status was produced by combining the Cumberland Ankle Instability Tool (CAIT) and (Ankle Instability Instrument (AII).